The Youndr Pouch

The Youndr Pouch

Jake Bruton, Writer

Over the years, schools have had multiple issues with the use of phones during the school time. Parents also worry about what phones are doing to their children. Some students also believe that there needs to be something that distracts us from our phones, so we can link with the world. Now there is a solution the Yondr Pouch. The Yondr Pouch is a pouch that stores a phone and locks it so it cannot be opened.

Yondr is an American company that makes these pouches. They make mobile phone pouches which close with a proprietary lock, and a device for unlocking them. The Yondr products facilitate the host of a venue in preventing people from using their mobile phone or similar device whilst inside. Schools all over the country are using these pouches to cut down on cell phone use in schools. You simply put a phone in its pouch, lock it using their device, and at the end of the day you will be able to unlock it.

Using these pouches have had many different views on how they work or if they are even necessary. People have been using these pouches for concerts for their phone, wallet, or money etc. and they do not see a use to it at a concert. Many schools believe that it has made the school system better with more students that pay attention and do better in school. Students also think it would be good to use so they can start to talk to each other and experience the school life without looking down at a screen. How would you react if this pouch came to our school?