School is in Session

Yesenia Flores

As we change and grow from year to year in high school, our school changes with us. Whether it be new rules, teachers, or procedures. These are just some of the biggest changes this year. and a half months of a very hot summer, it was finally that time of year again where we come back to school. Even if you aren’t a big fan of school, a new school year is a time for a change. We all come back with new clothes and new attitudes, shedding our old skins and walking into the sunlight, or in our case the red brick gym. The students are not the only ones who change though, our school does too. We have new rules, teachers, and procedures.
We have had some very pleasant changes to our rules this year, such as the dress code. Gone is the facial hair restrictions for the guys, and the girls can breath a short sigh of relief with the less restrictive policy on shorts length. That’s not all that is new!

We also have some new members to our staff this year. Firstly, we have two teachers coming to us from Zia, Mrs. Kinnibrugh and Mrs. Carlo. Mrs. Kinnibrugh is the new counselor for the sophomores and Mrs. Carlo is the science teacher. Next up we have Ms. Zubia, who is from the Spanish department coming back after a year of being gone. Mr.Kelly is also new to the school who is helping out the special needs department. As far as procedures go, we have QR codes that are very useful if you need to talk to the counselor. All you do is scan the QR code and a message goes to the counselor telling them you need to talk to them.
As we change and grow from year to year in high school, our school changes with us. Whether it be new rules, teachers, or procedures. These are just some of the biggest changes this year.